- Responsible for day to day management of Team Leaders
- Assist in Project Management/ Engineering
- Hamilton Based – Projects Team
This role provides the right person a good step into Management with the advantage of assisting in Project Management. The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the priorities of the Team Leaders looking after various projects within the Projects Profit Centre workshops. They are also responsible for promoting a positive workshop environment and ensuring that the available manpower and resources are utalised in the most efficient and effective way for project planning.
The Operations Manager will also assist with Project Management responsibilities and assist Project Engineers during the quotation/estimation stages. Ensuring all information is given to workshops in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities are:
- Daily staff management
- Effective and efficient manpower planning
- Health and Safety at an operational level within the workshop
- Quality of fabrication output
- Collaborating with the Projects Profit Centre Manager and Team Leaders
- Daily and weekly production meetings
For success in this role you must have:
- Extensive experience with stainless steel fabrication – pressure vessel experience preferred
- Staff management experience
- Basic financial understanding of P&L
- Motivated to be a hands-on leader focussed on efficiency improvements
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
If this sounds like you, or you know someone who might be interested please click apply now.
A pre-employment drug test is mandatory.
Only NZ residents or people with relevant work visas should apply for this position.
Operations Manager Vacancy
Private Bag 3018